Since its completion in January 2010, the tallest building in world has been the Burj Khalifa in Dubai , United Arab Emirates.
However , the building called Kingdom Tower, proposed in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, is expected to be built from 2012 to 2018 and would move Burj Khalifa to the second place spot. Kingdom Tower is expected to be the world's first building that is taller than a kilometer ( 1000 meters or 3281 feet )
1.Burj Khalifa in Dubai , United Arab Emirates. completed in January 2010 with 160 stories which reach 2716 feet ( 828 meter ) high
2. Asia's tallest building : Taipei 101 in Taipei , Taiwan . Completed in 2004 with 101 stories and a height of 1667 feet ( 508 meter )
3. China;s Tallest Building : Shanghai world Financial Center in Shanghai , China.. Completed in 2008 with 101 stories and a height of 1614 feet ( 492 meter )
4. International Commerce Centre in Hong Kong , China,. It was completed in 2010 with 108 stories and a height of 1588 feet ( 484 meters )
5. and 6. ( tie ). Formerly the world's tallest buildings and known for their distinctive appearance , the Petronas Tower 1 and Petronas Tower 2 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia have gradually been move down the list of world's tallest building . The Petronas Twin Tower were completed in 1998 with 88 stories and are each 1483 feet ( 452 meters ) tall.
7. Another new building , completed in 2010 in China , The Zifeng Tower in Nanjing is the world's seventh tallest building at 1476 feet ( 450 meter ) with a mere 66 floors of hotel and office space.
8. Tallest Building in North America : Willis Tower ( formerly known as the Sears Tower ) in Chicago , Illinois , United States. Completed in 1974 with 110 stories and 1451 feet ( 442 meters ).
9. The Kingkey 100 in Shenzhen, China was completed in 2011 and has 100 floors and is 1449 feet ( 442 meters ).
10. The Guangzhou International Financial Centre in Guangzhou, China was completed in 2010 with 103 stories at a height of 1439 feet ( 439 meter ).
11. The Trump International Hotel & Tower in Chicago, Illinois, United States is the second tallest building in the United States and, like the Willis Tower, is also located in Chicago. This Trump property was completed in 2009 with 98 stories and at a height of 1389 feet (423 meters).
12. Jin Mao Building in Shanghai, China. Completed in 1999 with 88 stories and 1380 feet (421 meters).
13. Al Hamra Firdous Tower is an office building in Kuwait City, Kuwait was completed in 2011 at a height of 1354 feet (413 meters) and 77 floors.
14. Two International Finance Centre in Hong Kong, China. Completed in 2003 with 88 stories and 1352 feet (412 meters).
15. CITIC Plaza in Guangzhou , China ..Completed in 1996 with 80 stories and 1280 feeet (390meters).
16. Shun Hing Square in Shenzhen, China ,. Completed in 1996 with 69 stories and 1260 feet (384 meters).
17. Empire State Building in New York , New York state , United States . Completed in 1931 with 102 stories and 1250 feet ( 381 meters )
18. Central Plaza in Hong Kong , China .. Completed in1992 with 78 stories and 1277 feet (374 meter).